- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
They Know Trucks
TA and Petro hire technicians who know their stuff, and 12 representatives proved it when they competed in the national SuperTech contest held by the Technology and Maintenance Council. More than 100 of the nation’s top truck service techs from around the country came together in Raleigh, N.C., to test their knowledge and practical application of diagnostics and repair.
All TA and Petro ASE-certified master technicians did well, with Charles Ralston of the Gary, Ind. TA taking first place in the Fasteners category and 16th place overall. David Greenfield, of the Hudson, Wis. TA, placed 20th in the overall competition. This is the fifth consecutive year that a technician on the TA and Petro team won a SuperTech championship.