- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
The Right Fuel
Drivers depend on having access to the right fuel for their truck when they need it, so TA is pleased to be a leader in ULSD availability, with 91 percent of its locations offering ULSD only.
When the rollout of ULSD (Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel), required for use in 2007 and newer engines, began at the end of 2006, TA worked overtime to be sure that all of its customers had the fuel they needed. While supply questions in some areas were being resolved, TA maintained the integrity of the fuel it offered in those locations by continuing to offer Low Sulfur Diesel (LSD). Few of the trucks on the road at that time had the newer engines and all pumps were clearly marked in line with regulations, so drivers could feel secure that they were getting the correct product.
Now there are more trucks with 2007 and newer engines on the road, and in response to customer needs, TA pushed forward to increase the number of locations that offer ULSD. The TA website, www.tatravelcenters.com, updates information on ULSD availability at its locations daily. The Location & Amenities Guide (pp. 61-70) also notes ULSD availability for each location.