- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
The Future is Now
Does anyone else remember when the year 2009 seemed like a ridiculously long way into the future? By then, according to the movies, we’d be traveling on hoverboards, vacationing on space stations throughout the galaxy and commuting in flying cars.
Well here it is and nobody I know has a flying car.
But there have been and will be plenty of changes in transportation, and trucks are leading the way as emissions standards keep getting tighter.
TA has always been ready to deal with whatever trucking innovation or regulation comes along. Two years ago we had a very smooth transition to Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel at our locations.
Now we are paving the way for our stops to offer diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), which most 2010 engines will need to replenish periodically. You can expect DEF to be available in every TA, to coincide with the rollout of those new engines later this year.
In fact, TA has been working on the DEF issue since 2003, realizing early on that it was a product that we needed to understand completely. At that time, engine manufacturers were talking about Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology as one of several future equipment advances. Now SCR is a real-world fact on the ground. We know the product top to bottom because we have talked to OEMs, fleet customers, DEF producers, and a variety of dispensing/delivery system manufacturers.
We are ready to provide drivers with the product they need, when they need it, and we are committed to continuing our efforts to work with customers and suppliers to be a dependable partner in DEF availability and ease of use.
As always, our shop technicians will stay informed about all of the latest developments, and will be able to answer customers’ questions or guide them to a reliable source of information.
As always, we are here to help. Thank you for choosing TA.