- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
TA and Petro Raise More Than $445,000 for St. Jude Children's Hospital
Thanks to the generosity of drivers across the country, TA and Petro raised $446,373 for the children of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in October through its 16th annual Halloween Pumpkin Promotion.
Visitors to TA and Petro were asked to make a $1 donation to St. Jude to support its fight against catastrophic childhood diseases. Customers could make the donation while dining at the company’s full-service and quick-service restaurants or while visiting the travel stores. In return, the donors had the opportunity to write their names on pumpkin-themed pinups, which were displayed through the month of October. TA and Petro employees also donated at the company’s Westlake, Ohio headquarters and at each travel center location.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas and based in Memphis, Tennessee, St. Jude freely shares its discoveries with scientific and medical communities throughout the world. No family ever pays for treatments not covered by insurance, and families without insurance are never asked to pay. St. Jude is financially supported by ALSAC, its fund-raising organization.
For more information, visit www.stjude.org.