- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
TA Kicks Off MegaShot
TIMES ARE TOUGH. The U.S. economy is sputtering. And you’re out there every day trying to make a living. When you come to TA, we want to help you. We want to give you a break from the stresses of your job. We looked beyond the standards we’ve set in the past to find ways to help meet your needs in tough times.
How can I get better fuel mileage? Our shops are the largest network of on-interstate repair facilities. Our technicians are ASE certified. TA Shops are second to none. We offer great savings on products and services that can help you stretch your fuel dollar — like a fuel filter change and fuel additives; or a tire pressure gauge and an air hose to keep your tires inflated properly. And that valuable diesel in your tank is safer with an antisiphon device available at TA Shops. If you use an auxiliary power unit, or APU, to reduce your idling time, know that elect TA Shops carry a huge line of APU filters so we can have the right one for you. If you don’t use an APU, TA’s IdleAire spaces are a great alternative to burning valuable fuel to keep you comfortable in your cab in hot or cold weather.
How do I eat on a budget? The all-you-can-eat soup and salad bar at TA restaurants is now included for FREE with your entrée. We’ve trained our staff in select restaurants to hand-cut juicy steaks; it’s a heavy hand, too, and our one-pound steak dinners are only $11.99. And check out the products we have to offer in our travel stores, including our bundle options and “2 for” deals. The “Buy Big and Save” offers can be found in every issue of Road King magazine. And coming soon, our stores’ Café Express will be offering larger sandwiches at a new low price!
How do I stretch my budget even further? Have you found that you’ve cut out lots of expenses to make ends meet? Don’t have the cash to find entertainment?
• Our driver’s-only lounges have always offered you a place to watch television or movies and to interact with other drivers. Take in a movie. Talk to other drivers. That’s free entertainment.
• Take a look at the classic video game machine in most of our game rooms — look for Global Arcade Classics. Look closely — it’s free to play. No quarters needed, just pick your favorite classic game (there are over 80 games on this machine), press the buttons and you’re off!
• You know those Road King Club points you’ve been saving? Did you know you can get more than a free shower with them? You can redeem them for valuable merchandise as well — visit www.tatravelcenters.com and log in to your Road King Club account and check it out. Want a new gas grill? Done. Want a new GPS for your rig? Done.
How do I win $25,000? This is not a trick question. Members of TA’s Road King Club have the chance to win $25,000 in cash, plus hundreds of other prizes. Seriously – twenty-five grand will be given to one lucky winner each month in our new MegaShot Giveaway. Details are on the next page. All of us at TA are excited to give away these prizes and do our part to help you through tough times. If you’re not already a member of the Road King Club, now is the perfect time to join. TA wishes you all of the best during these tough times.
“FIGHT ONE MORE ROUND. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired that you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round — remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped.” — James “Gentleman Jim” Corbett, American, World Heavyweight Boxing Champion, 1892-1897