- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
Road King Wins 10 TWNA Awards
Road King received a total of 10 awards, including a Best of Graphics 2010 Award, at the Truck Writers of North America (TWNA) Communication Awards banquet, held at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky.
The TWNA Communication Awards recognize excellence in trucking industry journalism and communication.
Road King won the following awards for magazine writing:
-Gold Award for Total Publication, November/December 2009
-Gold Award for General Technical article, Plug Ugly, by Paul Abelson
-Gold Award for Driver’s Lifestyle article, Ten-Hut Trucker! by David A. Kolman
-Gold Award for Entertainment article, Making It, by Katie Neal
-Bronze Award for Driver’s Lifestyle article, Steer Masters by Katie Neal
-Bronze Award for Entertainment article, Hearing is Believing, by Brad Schmitt
-Bronze Award for Feature article, Fast Times at Notre Dame du Nord, by Andy Turnbull
The Best of Graphics Award, chosen for special recognition from all of the Gold Award winners in the graphics category, was given for the July/August 2009 cover. The Steer Masters layout earned a Bronze Award for article design.