- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
Thomas Sassenbach got tired of the dull, gray areas going to waste on the otherwise, well-kept homes in his hometown Cologne, Germany. As designer and head of an advertising agency, he came up with the idea to cover-up what he calls “hideous garage doors.”
And so he asked himself: “How can I style my garage? What do I like to have in my garage, and what will the neighbors say?”
Neighbors might take issue with the answer he came up with. A three-dimensional mural pasted over the doors appears to give a look behind the door — revealing a dump truck parked sideways, or a jet plane fitting snugly between the walls. The garage billboards come in six sizes, but if you still can’t find a fit, they are made out of a sturdy, “indestructible” material that will withstand cutting for adjustment.
The murals cost anywhere from $50 to more than $600. Top sellers include motorcycle motifs, titled Road King and Night Rod Special and a view from Italy called Bella Italia.
With 250 different billboards to choose from, including landmarks like Mount Rushmore, name brand vehicles like Harley Davidson and Mini Cooper, and even a giant American Eagle, just about every possibility is covered.
For those who can’t find exactly what they want, Style Your Garage (SYG) will make a personal mural from any digital image.
So if you can’t fit an 18-wheeler in your garage and want to let people know a trucker lives on the block, an SYG truck mural may be an option.