- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
In Tough Times
I DON’T have to tell you that it’s tough out there. Truckers are being squeezed by the price of fuel. Believe me, TA is also being squeezed by fuel prices. All of us have been affected by the slow economy, but TA remains dedicated to provide you the widest variety of services and products in the travel center industry. We will also continue improvement projects started in 2007, including better lighting, new parking lots, shower and restroom upgrades and more at nearly every property in the TA system. We are in the process of completely upgrading our locations in Southington, Conn.; Porter, Ind.; Vero Beach, Fla.; and Marianna, Fla. and our newest locations in Shreveport, La. and Morris, Ill.
We also have services that can help. Drivers who are members of our Road King Club program who use their card regularly build up savings on a wide range of purchases and are eligible for special promotions. During 2007, our Road King Club put over $15 million back in drivers’ wallets and we’re dedicated to do that again and more in 2008.
It’s easy to think you can save money by cutting out regular maintenance. But regular maintenance means saving wear and tear and helps avoid bigger expenses later. TA’s shop technicians are capable, reliable and give drivers a little peace of mind.
And check out our classic video game machines at most locations. There’s no such thing as “free” they say, but that just isn’t true at TA.
TA is here for you, even in the tough times.