- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
The holidays are behind us and a whole new year is ahead. It’s time to get down to business, and TA and Petro are here to help. Take advantage of what we have to offer, from great customer service, to a commitment to respect for drivers, to a leadership position in helping drivers Optimize Their Business — providing not just the things they need, but providing these things where, when and how they need them.
When time is of the essence
- Our TruckSmart mobile app lets you schedule your shower without going to the kiosk.
- Fuel dispensers are pay at the pump, and fast. We have enough diesel lanes to keep you moving. Many sites have had high-capacity pumps installed, as well as DEF at the island. You can get your receipts at the time you pay; UltraONE members can get receipts off the Internet up to 12 months after the transaction — allowing you to save a step during driving hours.
- Our truck service centers are staffed by qualified technicians at all times of the day and night.
- RoadSquad, our roadside repair program, has 400 trucks ready to roll as soon as you call. The average dispatch time is 30 minutes, and service is available 24/7/365.
- Our parking lots are spacious enough to allow you to find a place to park and maneuver your truck easily, so you can enter and exit safely and quickly.
- Electrical outlets below the driver’s counters in many of our restaurants allow you to power your phone, laptop or any other device while you enjoy your meal.
When you need to keep costs low
- Our travel stores offer great bulk promotions each month through Buy Big & Save, so you can stock up on favorite food and beverage items without a side trip to a big box store.
- Our UltraONE rewards program lets you build up points that don’t expire. Swipe and earn points with every purchase of diesel fuel and at our truck service centers. Then redeem them for showers or a big item like a GPS at the travel store or a big screen TV from our online catalog. Use your UltraONE card at any of our restaurants and you will also earn Restaurant Rewards credits.
When you need to take care of yourself
- A number of our locations offer medical, chiropractic or dental service onsite.
- StayFit fitness rooms are free to UltraONE members at 21 locations across the country. Keep your eye out for the next wave of fitness rooms to be opening.
- Our restaurants offer a variety of healthy meals on our StayFit menu, and our travel stores are stocked with better-for-you snacks for the road.
- Our truck parking lots are well-lit and we have joined forces with many local law enforcement agencies in our StaySafe lot monitoring program.
This is just a sample of what a full-service travel center does. We try to anticipate your needs and find a way to meet them. At TA and Petro we are constantly listening to you, our customers, for ways to make your stop with us easy, convenient, pleasant and useful in ways you might not have expected. We’ll continue to do that this and every year.
More TA and Petro locations than ever now have DEF at the pump for driver convenience. Keep up to date on the latest locations to add this service by checking the TruckSmart mobile app or by visiting www.tatravelcenters.com.
TA and Petro continue to expand so that you can find the amenities and service you trust in more locations across the country. Be sure to visit the two newest locations.
TA Lexington, Va., located at I-81 and I-64, Exit 195, has 250 truck parking spaces, eight showers and seven service bays.
Petro Dodge City in Alabama is located at I-65, Exit 299. It has 105 truck parking spaces and a new Iron Skillet restaurant.
Eight TA and Petro locations now offer authorized Verizon wireless retail outlets onsite under the name UltraMobile. Visitors can purchase phones, set up service plans, upgrade existing plans, pay their Verizon bills and more, at these locations:
TA Harborcreek — I-90, exit 35, Erie, Pa.
TA Hebron — I-70, exit 126, Hebron, Ohio
TA Jeffersonville — I-71, exit 65, Jeffersonville, Ohio
TA Lodi — I-71, exit 209, Seville, Ohio
TA London — I-70, exit 79, London, Ohio
TA Toledo — I-80/I-90, exit 5, Perrysburg, Ohio
Petro Girard — I-80, exit 226, Girard, Ohio
Petro New Paris — I-70, exit 156B, New Paris, Ohio
Convenient Healthcare for Drivers
The StayFit program helps drivers stick to a healthier lifestyle on the road. Nutritious, lower-calorie meal choices are on the menus in TA and Petro restaurants, and healthy snacks are available in the travel stores. Exercising is easier, with fitness rooms and walking trails at many locations.
Getting medical attention when needed is also important, and a number of locations have medical care onsite, so drivers can get medical care or required testing/exams when needed. TA and Petro expect to expand these types of services in the next year.
Currently, locations that offer healthcare, DOT physicals or testing onsite include:
TA Bloomsburg — TA I-80, Exit 232, Bloomsburg, Pa.
TA Denver East — I-70/I-270, Exit 278, Commerce City, Colo.
TA Denver West — I-70, Exit 266, Wheat Ridge, Colo.
TA Lodi — I-71/76, Exit 209, Lodi, Ohio
TA New Haven — I-95, Exit 56, New Haven, Conn.
TA Ontario East — I-10 & Milliken Ave., Ontario, Calif.
TA Spartanburg — I-85 & SR 290, Exit 63, Spartanburg, S.C.
Petro Girard — I-80, Exit 226, Girard, Ohio
Petro Knoxville — I-40 & I-75, Exit 369, Knoxville, Tenn.
Petro W. Memphis — I-40, Exit 280, I-55, Exit 5, West Memphis, Ark.