- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
Having It All
Whoever started the saying “time is money” could have been thinking of truck drivers. Every minute counts and is accounted for on the road, and wasting precious minutes off-road hurts.
So why go one place to fuel, another to eat and another to stock up on supplies? When you stop to really think about how you manage your time, that makes no sense.
At TA, a driver can make one stop and take care of everything.
Fuel? Check. Plus, become a member of the Road King Club, and every time you purchase diesel, you build up points that can be redeemed for merchandise big and small, shop services, showers or hearty meals at our restaurants.
Supplies? Check. Yes, even when you want to stock up for the long haul. TA offers new Buy Big & Save items every other month. That means that canned foods, snacks and drinks are available in bulk packages. Not only does that save you money, it saves you from heading out for a pre-trip shopping expedition during home time.
Great food? Check. And plenty of it. Most TAs have a sit-down restaurant, where you can relax and have one of our friendly servers take your order. By now you’ve probably already been to one or two of our locations with All You Can Eat menus, where seconds, and even thirds, are on us.
Or you can visit one of our food courts, where you can find favorites like Pizza Hut, Popeyes, Taco Bell, Burger King, Subway and more.
A clean, hot shower? Check. And when you’re a Road King Club member, the shower is free at the same site when you buy 50 gallons of diesel. Print out the shower coupon right at the pump or reserve one at the RoadMile Marker kiosk.
Truck maintenance and repair? Check. TA technicians are highly trained, and our shops are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Every one of our shops is a Freightliner Service Point, available for limited warranty repair work. We also carry the brands you trust in tires, lubricant, fuel additives and other maintenance needs.
Anything else? Check, check and check. Our game rooms are good for hours of entertainment if you have some downtime. All locations are WiFi hotspots, so it’s easy to check emails from the family, find your next load and do some web-surfing. Our travel stores are stocked with just about anything you might need, from big electronics, to paperbacks by a favorite writer.
When you can get all of that, plus have it delivered by a warm and friendly staff, why would you waste time somewhere else?