- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
Eastern Savings Time
Traveling the I-95 Corridor, the main highway on the East Coast, is always a challenge. Stretching 1,917 miles from Florida to Maine, it serves some of the most populated urban areas in the U.S., including Miami, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City and Boston.
The average daily traffic in the entire corridor is more than 72,000 vehicles, with maximum daily traffic reaching as high as 300,000 or more. Average daily truck traffic is more than 10,000, with maximum daily truck traffic reaching as high as over 31,000.
Now, thanks to a new U.S. DOT website, you can get real-time traffic information and travel times to help you plan your trip along the busy thoroughfare. Live traffic speed information on I-95 and major roadways in the region from New Jersey to North Carolina is available on www.i95travelinfo.org. It also offers both the current and normal travel times between various cities, airports and other landmarks on key routes in the multi-state region. Users only need to select their starting point and destination from a list of pre-defined locations on the website’s Travel Time page.
The I-95 Corridor Travel Time Information Website is one element of the SafeTrip-21 initiative underway by the U.S. DOT’s Research and Innovative Technology Administration.