- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
All posts tagged "your health"
- Fast and effective exercise strategies
Drivers who want to lose weight or increase their fitness and health need to reset, or “spike,” their metabolism to a higher level. That requires exercise, which many drivers believe they just don’t have time to do.
- Posted July 3, 2013
- Finding low calorie options in your favorite fast food restaurants
Getting healthy is a top concern among truckers these days, and many have made a point of changing their eating habits so they can shed some extra pounds. Being on the road once meant facing limited dining...
- Posted January 4, 2013
- Simple techniques to manage tension & minor pains on the road
Some days you feel as if you are stuck in a pressure cooker. So how do you ease the stress and bring on the calm?
- Posted November 1, 2012
- Take 10
When it comes to exercising, we usually have good intentions. Unfortunately, long hours on the road, limited funds and demands of home and family chip away at our days, leaving little time for self-improvement.
- Posted September 4, 2012
- Fuel Up
If you’re carving time out of your busy schedule for working out, make sure you’re setting yourself up for success by eating right before and after you get moving. Wondering what meals and snacks make the most...
- Posted May 4, 2012
- Sight to Behold
The sun is down, rush hour is over, and the only traffic on the road is the occasional stray car that pops over the horizon. For some reason, the lights seem extra bright tonight. You rub your...
- Posted November 10, 2011
- You Gotta Eat
Nobody actually likes the idea of going on a diet, but sometimes the need to shed some pounds becomes glaringly obvious. Lugging around an extra 15 — or 50 — pounds starts to wear on a person....
- Posted September 7, 2011
- Overcoming doctor phobia & scheduling regular checkups
A new job with Celadon Trucking Services caused Clifford Robinson to visit the company’s medical office for a battery of health screenings.
- Posted June 30, 2011
- Back Issues
Almost everyone has felt that twinge of pain at the base of their spine. Eighty percent of Americans have complained of back pain at some point in their lives, and truck drivers are even more prone to...
- Posted May 12, 2011
- Take a Walk
Walking for health can increase life expectancy, lower the risk for diabetes and heart disease, reduce symptoms of depression and improve the chances of living independently in old age.
- Posted March 9, 2011