- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
All posts tagged "Trucking Matters"
- CVTA helps new drivers avoid the roadblocks to a successful career
As the demand for truck drivers grows, the need for training grows with it. The Commercial Vehicle Training Association represents both driver training schools and motor carriers to address issues related to the entry of qualified truck...
- Posted November 4, 2014
- The trucking industry unites in a movement to raise the public image of drivers
National Truck Driver Appreciation Week is Sept. 14-20, but many in the industry think that drivers deserve more. Trucking Moves America Forward (TMAF) was created earlier this year to educate the public, as well as legislators, about...
- Posted September 5, 2014
- Trucker Charity gives drivers a hand up, not a hand-out
When Lance Wood decided to hit up some trucker friends in order to help families in need one Christmas a few years ago, he had no idea he was kicking off an organization that would make a...
- Posted July 10, 2014
- A broken highway system needs immediate repair
U.S. highways are where truck drivers get their work done, and in the past few years, the condition of the roads they travel has steadily deteriorated. Road King spoke to Greg Cohen, President and CEO of the...
- Posted May 9, 2014
- Owner-operators become a driving force for change in the trucking industry
Want to make changes in the industry? Meet Trucking Solutions Group (TSG).
- Posted January 16, 2014
- Drivers can make an impact on the industry
Joe Rajkovacz spent 29 years as a driver and has been advocating for truckers for 35 years. Road King talked with him about how drivers can make their voices heard on trucking issues.
- Posted January 2, 2013
- Sen. David Vitter talks about the new highway bill
Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) is one of the country’s most influential lawmakers working on transportation legislation today. He currently sits on the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works and serves on the Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee...
- Posted November 1, 2012
- ATA’s Elisabeth Barna talks about National Truck Driver Appreciation Week
ATA’s Elisabeth Barna talks about National Truck Driver Appreciation Week
- Posted September 6, 2012
- The TCA’s Highway Angels program recognizes truckers who help others
Motorists and truckers in trouble on the road often find the first to offer them a helping hand is a truck driver. Since 1996 the Truckload Carriers Association’s Highway Angels program has been honoring drivers for their...
- Posted July 6, 2012
- Working toward a long-term financing plan for our roads
Working toward a long-term financing plan for our roads
- Posted May 2, 2012