- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
All posts tagged "Trucking Matters"
- Owner-operators become a driving force for change in the trucking industry
Want to make changes in the industry? Meet Trucking Solutions Group (TSG).
- Posted January 16, 2014
- Drivers can make an impact on the industry
Joe Rajkovacz spent 29 years as a driver and has been advocating for truckers for 35 years. Road King talked with him about how drivers can make their voices heard on trucking issues.
- Posted January 2, 2013
- Sen. David Vitter talks about the new highway bill
Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) is one of the country’s most influential lawmakers working on transportation legislation today. He currently sits on the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works and serves on the Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee...
- Posted November 1, 2012
- Shine a Light
Once a year the trucking industry comes together to celebrate drivers during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (NTDAW). This year it runs Sept. 16-22. American Trucking Associations coordinates its timing and promotion.
- Posted September 6, 2012
- Good Guys
Motorists and truckers in trouble on the road often find the first to offer them a helping hand is a truck driver. Since 1996 the Truckload Carriers Association’s Highway Angels program has been honoring drivers for their...
- Posted July 6, 2012
- Paying the Way
Working toward a long-term financing plan for our roads
- Posted May 2, 2012
- Yes She Can
Women in Trucking is a national association that works to encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry. Road King sat down with Women in Trucking President and Chief Executive Officer Ellen Voie to learn more...
- Posted March 5, 2012
- Rest Assured
Road King talked with Richard Schweitzer, legal counsel for the National Private Truck Council (NPTC), to learn more about the association’s work on sleep apnea.
- Posted January 5, 2012
- Easier Streets
As a member of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure and the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit, Rep. Rick Crawford (R-Ark.) is at the forefront of the nation’s transportation system.
- Posted November 9, 2011
- In Transit
As the top Democrat on the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, Rep. Nick Rahall (D-W.Va.) is among the influential lawmakers overseeing the development of national surface transportation policy. Rahall sat down with Road King to discuss the...
- Posted September 2, 2011