- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
All posts tagged "Trucking Matters"
- How the Air Resources Board in California works
Emissions regulations for trucks are tougher in California, but often signal what’s to come nationwide. Elizabeth White, the state’s Air Resources Board’s (ARB) manager of On-Road Compliance Assistance Section, Heavy Duty Diesel Implementation Branch, offers insight into...
- Posted July 1, 2015
- NASTC gives small carriers a boost
The National Association of Small Trucking Companies (NASTC) brings together thousands of smaller carriers to give them a stronger standing in the industry. Road King spoke to NASTC President, David Owen, about the organization’s goals for its...
- Posted May 7, 2015
- How drivers can ease the stress of tax time
With April 15 approaching, Road King sought out advice from an expert on federal income tax. Eric Smith, spokesperson for the IRS, offered this advice for professional drivers. Q What is the most important thing a driver...
- Posted March 2, 2015
- Truckers must seek out a USDOT-certified medical examiner for their physicals
Starting in May 2014, commercial truck drivers have been required to have their USDOT medical exam performed by a medical professional listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME). Road King spoke to Chuck Horan,...
- Posted January 2, 2015
- CVTA helps new drivers avoid the roadblocks to a successful career
As the demand for truck drivers grows, the need for training grows with it. The Commercial Vehicle Training Association represents both driver training schools and motor carriers to address issues related to the entry of qualified truck...
- Posted November 4, 2014
- The trucking industry unites in a movement to raise the public image of drivers
National Truck Driver Appreciation Week is Sept. 14-20, but many in the industry think that drivers deserve more. Trucking Moves America Forward (TMAF) was created earlier this year to educate the public, as well as legislators, about...
- Posted September 5, 2014
- Trucker Charity gives drivers a hand up, not a hand-out
When Lance Wood decided to hit up some trucker friends in order to help families in need one Christmas a few years ago, he had no idea he was kicking off an organization that would make a...
- Posted July 10, 2014
- A broken highway system needs immediate repair
U.S. highways are where truck drivers get their work done, and in the past few years, the condition of the roads they travel has steadily deteriorated. Road King spoke to Greg Cohen, President and CEO of the...
- Posted May 9, 2014
- Owner-operators become a driving force for change in the trucking industry
Want to make changes in the industry? Meet Trucking Solutions Group (TSG).
- Posted January 16, 2014
- Drivers can make an impact on the industry
Joe Rajkovacz spent 29 years as a driver and has been advocating for truckers for 35 years. Road King talked with him about how drivers can make their voices heard on trucking issues.
- Posted January 2, 2013