- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts tagged "trucker health"
- John Drury moves to the music and motivates other drivers to follow his steps for fitness
With his tattooed biceps and towering presence (he’s 6’7”), truck driver John Drury may seem intimidating at first. But then he starts shaking his hips to a Lady Gaga song, and soon he’s got a crowd joining...
- Posted September 1, 2015
- When her pup lost its pep, a driver realized she had to make some changes for both of them
While she could shrug off her own lack of energy and the extra pounds she had put on over 13 years of trucking, Elizabeth Aud couldn’t stand to see the same thing happening to her dog, Bella...
- Posted July 1, 2015
- Keep your resolution to get healthier this year
Another year, another vow to lose weight, eat healthier or exercise more often. If you’ve made that New Year’s resolution before only to abandon it by March, you are not alone. Researchers at the University of Scranton...
- Posted January 2, 2015
- Increase the good kind, get rid of the bad
‘Tis the season. Are you the obvious choice to don the Santa suit? Truck drivers are known for their big bellies. We even have a name for it — trucker’s gut. So now is a great time...
- Posted November 4, 2014
- Take a different approach to diet and exercise
Everybody knows that to lose weight, you have to “move more and eat less.” Well, I’m here to tell you that to lose weight, you have to “move less and eat more.” How is that possible? When...
- Posted October 1, 2014
- Sitting all the time does a body no good
A driver may spend up to 15 hours each day sitting, which can cause “sitting disease.”
- Posted May 1, 2014
- Truckers’ unique obstacles to getting proper sleep can affect their health
Whenever there is a conversation about truck drivers and sleep, the talk always turns to driver fatigue and sleep apnea.
- Posted March 7, 2014
- 2014 Healthy Driver of the Year Award: Melissa Fort
Melissa Fort was named Female Healthy Driver of the Year by the Healthy Trucking Association of America, and she did it after completing Driver Health Editor Siphiwe Baleka’s 13-week program at Prime Inc.
- Posted November 11, 2013