- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
All posts tagged "truck maintenance"
- Keep your truck in shape for the dark, cold days of winter
Operating a large vehicle with heavy cargo is dangerous year round, but during the winter additional safety precautions are necessary. Key truck components and systems must be maintained so that they operate at peak capability during these...
- Posted January 2, 2013
- Exhaust Topics: Good maintenance protects aftertreatment system
There was a time when trucks rolling down the highway billowed heavy black smoke from two exhaust stacks. Sure, it looked cool, but that smoke contained tiny bits of junk.
- Posted November 2, 2012
- Properly functioning air conditioning is about safety as well as comfort
It’s hot! And in some cities, it’s hot and sticky. If you find yourself saying, “Please let my air conditioning system work today!” then you need to continue reading for tips on keeping your AC system in...
- Posted July 5, 2012
- If it Moves, Lube it!
One of the most overlooked maintenance requirements of the modern over-the-road vehicle is lubrication. This is of great concern because it is critical that each component is lubed at the right time with the right lube.
- Posted March 1, 2012
- Braking Bad
My hope for all drivers is that they will never experience how emergency brake systems work. But if the need arises, it’s good to be aware of what happens to make those systems function at peak level.
- Posted December 30, 2011
- Truck Talk
Anyone who drives or works with trucks knows that it is now an electronic world. In the old days when vehicles used electrical systems rather than computer chips, all a driver had to alert them that something...
- Posted November 3, 2011
- Pre-Fix Menu
Even though many of us would like to think of trucking as a lifestyle (showing classic, long nose trucks, with their broad, flat shiny bumpers and dual chrome stacks), it is first and foremost a business. To...
- Posted September 6, 2011
- Chilly Tomorrow
Drivers who stay in a regional operation where the climate is fairly consistent — like in San Diego, for example —don’t have to think much about how the changing seasons impact their trucks. But the majority of...
- Posted September 1, 2011
- Costs Per Crash
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration released an extensive study of the actual costs of crashes involving many types of trucks - including medium and heavy duty vehicles. The numbers are staggering.
- Posted April 23, 2010