- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
All posts tagged "truck maintenance"
- Braking Bad
My hope for all drivers is that they will never experience how emergency brake systems work. But if the need arises, it’s good to be aware of what happens to make those systems function at peak level.
- Posted December 30, 2011
- Truck Talk
Anyone who drives or works with trucks knows that it is now an electronic world. In the old days when vehicles used electrical systems rather than computer chips, all a driver had to alert them that something...
- Posted November 3, 2011
- Pre-Fix Menu
Even though many of us would like to think of trucking as a lifestyle (showing classic, long nose trucks, with their broad, flat shiny bumpers and dual chrome stacks), it is first and foremost a business. To...
- Posted September 6, 2011
- Chilly Tomorrow
Drivers who stay in a regional operation where the climate is fairly consistent — like in San Diego, for example —don’t have to think much about how the changing seasons impact their trucks. But the majority of...
- Posted September 1, 2011
- Costs Per Crash
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration released an extensive study of the actual costs of crashes involving many types of trucks - including medium and heavy duty vehicles. The numbers are staggering.
- Posted April 23, 2010