- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
All posts tagged "Tom O’Brien"
- Help TA and Petro find the next Citizen Drivers
Congratulations, again, to the 2014 Citizen Drivers. We now have seven TA and Petro locations named for our first Citizen Drivers, with prominent signage and plaques that tell their stories. And, in the few weeks since the...
- Posted May 12, 2014
- TA Introducing LNG lanes
Earlier this year, TA and Shell announced an agreement to install LNG dispensers at 100 key TA and Petro locations across the country. Road King spoke with TA president and CEO Tom O’Brien about the reasons for...
- Posted September 2, 2013
- Celebrating National Truck Driver Appreciation Week
So I happily join others in the transportation industry in applauding the hard work being done every day by the country’s professional truck drivers. National Truck Driver Appreciation Week is a much-deserved recognition of all that you...
- Posted September 1, 2013
- Healthy New Year
Making the decision to change is the first step to better health, and it takes a bit of extra effort.
- Posted January 2, 2013
- Simply the Best
A recent survey of drivers by Overdrive magazine has TA and Petro earning top honors in dozens of categories. We have made a strong effort to improve and meet your needs in many areas in the past...
- Posted November 2, 2012
- Each Day, Every Day
When National Truck Driver Appreciation Week takes place in September, all of us at TA and Petro will happily cheer along with others in the industry. Truckers deserve the recognition. But we also know that appreciation for...
- Posted September 4, 2012
- On a Roll
There’s a lot happening at TA and Petro lately, all of it part of our effort to offer full service to drivers so that your visit to us is both pleasant and productive.
- Posted July 6, 2012
- MATS Recapped
There’s really nothing like the the Mid-America Trucking Show. It’s a smorgasbord of trucking people and products, and I always have an amazing time when I go.
- Posted May 7, 2012
- Loyalty Pledge
Since we introduced UltraOne the response has been overwhelmingly positive. RoadKing Club and Petro Passport members who made the switch now have one card that carries all the benefits of membership, whether they visit a TA or...
- Posted October 29, 2010
- Getting the Job Done
At TA, we want you to feel comfortable enough that you consider our locations a home away from home. But we also realize that drivers turn to us as a partner in conducting business. Convenience, economy and...
- Posted May 1, 2010