- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
All posts tagged "Road King"
- Road King Wins 13 Awards
Road King magazine won 13 awards, including the Best of 2012 Award for magazine design, at the Truck Writers of North America Communication Awards given out at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky. The TWNA Communication...
- Posted April 29, 2013
- Road King celebrates a golden anniversary
For 50 years the magazine has covered those good times and offered advice for tough times. Pure Oil merged into Union 76, then National Auto Truckstops and ultimately TravelCenters of America, which now operates the TA and...
- Posted March 1, 2013
- Road King Receives 11 Industry Awards
Road King magazine won 11 Truck Writer of North America (TWNA) Communicator Awards. The awards ceremony was held in Louisville, Ky. at the Mid-America Trucking Show, the largest gathering of professional truck drivers in the world. Road...
- Posted April 10, 2012
- Road King Attends Redneck Rumble
Road King staff spent part of the weekend attending the Redneck Rumble — a car show for pre-1968 hot rods, rat rods, customs, choppers and bobbers. The event was held at the James E. Ward Agricultural Center...
- Posted September 19, 2011
- Out My Windshield: Organizational Skills
David Kolman plans to implement a new organizational system for the next tax season
- Posted April 27, 2011
- Road King Wins 10 TWNA Awards
Road King received a total of 10 awards, including a Best of Graphics 2010 Award, in the Truck Writers of North America (TWNA) Communication Awards.
- Posted April 1, 2011
- Out My Windshield: Cab Filth
Trash talk from Road King Sr. Editor David Kolman
- Posted March 10, 2011
- Out of This World Tires
Many of the products we take for granted today have come about from technologies developed as the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has sent men, women and automated vehicles into space. Cell phones, cordless power tools...
- Posted February 16, 2011
- Out My Windshield: Alligators
Road King Sr. Editor David Kolman and his wife on the dangers of picking up alligators
- Posted January 21, 2011
- Start Making Sense
Finally, the federal government has passed a piece of legislation that the entire trucking industry can get behind. It’s a groundbreaking law. However, it hasn’t garnered much attention.
- Posted January 6, 2011