- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts tagged "Peterbilt"
- Taking a ride in a Peterbilt with Advanced Driver Assist System
It’s amazing to see how many years of technology development came together to enable trucks to operate on their own. I rode in Peterbilt’s autonomous truck and had the feeling I could have done what our driver...
- Posted September 2, 2015
- It’s not a revolution. The autonomous truck has been developing for more than two decades.
This year, Freightliner and Peterbilt demonstrated their autonomous trucks to an eager trucking industry press corps, and Google showed its self-driving, computer-connected passenger car. All got a lot of press and sparked a good deal of discussion...
- Posted September 1, 2015
- MATS puts everything trucking on display
MATS puts everything trucking on display
- Posted May 4, 2012
- Old Friends
Many truck shows feature customized rigs — those muraled and chromed beauties that compete for trophies and bragging rights. Some are derisively known as “trailer queens,” a term applied to trucks brought to beauty shows inside trailers....
- Posted September 1, 2011
- Pictures from MATS
Check out our photo gallery of the trucks, parts, gear and more that made up the 2011 Mid-America Trucking Show.
- Posted April 4, 2011
- Working on a PACCAR MX Engine
I have a newfound respect for professional truck technicians.This comes from my participation in a hands-on engine tear-down and rebuild at Peterbilt.
- Posted September 15, 2010
- Born to Run
Paccar recently introduced the MX, a 12.9-liter, six-cylinder engine that will be standard in heavy duty North American Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks starting this summer. Able to work with all types of transmissions, the engine is available...
- Posted May 3, 2010
- Future Travel
What’s all this talk about a Super Truck, and what makes it so super? When the government cash awards hit the headlines earlier this year, more and more drivers started asking those questions. Well, here’s the story...
- Posted May 3, 2010
- Peterbilt and Kenworth at MATS 2010
In 2009, Peterbilt and Kenworth chose not to exhibit at the Mid-America Trucking Show, but both OEMs announced today that they will participate in MATS 2010.
- Posted November 30, 2009