- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
All posts tagged "Peterbilt 587"
- On the Road
Peterbilt got my attention at the 2010 Mid America Trucking Show when they unveiled their all-new Model 587. That’s right; it’s a 5-series. After years of learning the “code” of the 3-series of trucks, Peterbilt chose to...
- Posted January 4, 2011
- Ease on Down the Road
Automobile manufacturers bring out new models on a regular basis and totally redesign cars and pickups every three to five years. Heavy truck builders rarely change models. It’s been more than a decade since Kenworth introduced the...
- Posted August 30, 2010
- Going the Distance
There’s no doubt that today’s trucks get far better fuel economy than new ones got just a few years ago. A short time ago, Freightliner and International publicly argued over whether the Cascadia or ProStar had better...
- Posted June 24, 2010