- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
All posts tagged "out my windshield"
- Good reasons to appreciate drivers
William James, an American philosopher and psychologist who is often referred to as the father of American psychology, once stated: “The deepest principle of human nature is a craving to be appreciated.”
- Posted September 1, 2013
- Bragging Rights: Who’s the safest driver of them all?
There have been numerous occasions when I’ve been having coffee with other drivers and the conversation turned to safe driving. Trucker after trucker would try to top one another with their tally of miles or years driven...
- Posted November 5, 2012
- Aim to Please
I look forward to each National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. Since the inaugural event in 1998, it’s a time when America and the trucking industry recognizes professional truck drivers for the difficult job they do so well.
- Posted September 2, 2012
- Stay a While
How does this sound? Trucking companies have a dedicated driver recruitment department that invests a significant amount of money each month in recruiting programs to find qualified drivers. This department has a well-defined program to drill down...
- Posted July 5, 2012
- The Ripple Effect
With all that’s happening in the world these days, friendliness and kindness have all but gone away, replaced by crabbiness, aggravation, anger, stress, frustration and fear. Common courtesy and civility have gone by the wayside.
- Posted November 8, 2011
- Anger Management
Like any professional trucker, I know that when you deal with law enforcement officers you ought to be courteous. Back in my “I’ve got a date with freight and it can’t wait” days, I learned that appearing...
- Posted September 8, 2011
- My Son, the Trucker
I wonder how different my life would be had my family been in the trucking business.
- Posted May 4, 2011
- Roadside Trouble
With every summer season comes more traffic, more road repair and more time planted in the seat due to increased congestion. Traffic congestion is a major annoyance and aggravation that brings added stress, something no trucker wants...
- Posted June 28, 2010
- Roving Eyes
I have a lady friend who is a cross-country trucker. Often, to help her pass the hours behind the wheel on those long, straight stretches of roadway she knits, usually making caps, gloves and sweaters for family...
- Posted May 3, 2010