- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
All posts tagged "MATS"
- Make the Trip
If you’ve never made the trip to Louisville, Kentucky, to attend the Mid-America Trucking Show, or MATS, I highly recommend putting it on your to-do list.
- Posted March 5, 2012
- Convention Wisdom
Truck shows. There’s a lot more to one of these extravaganzas than shining chrome, polished wheels and truck beauty contests. Although these add enjoyment, a truck show offers opportunities on the business side of trucking that are...
- Posted March 1, 2012
- MATS a Million
The year’s biggest trucking show takes place March 22-24, 2012, at the Kentucky Expo in Louisville. This is the place where drivers gather to see the latest innovations in trucking, meet their fellow drivers, marvel at the...
- Posted January 6, 2012
- Pictures from MATS
Check out our photo gallery of the trucks, parts, gear and more that made up the 2011 Mid-America Trucking Show.
- Posted April 4, 2011
- Road King Wins 10 TWNA Awards
Road King received a total of 10 awards, including a Best of Graphics 2010 Award, in the Truck Writers of North America (TWNA) Communication Awards.
- Posted April 1, 2011
- Drivers Walking at MATS
For the second year in a row, the MATS Health Awareness Walk for truckers is taking place at the Mid-America Trucking Show.
- Posted March 24, 2011
- MATS Memories
It’s hard to believe that the Mid- America Trucking Show is 40 years old, and harder still to realize that I’ve attended almost 30 of those shows.
- Posted March 7, 2011
- Stone Cold Tradition
A decade after writing and recording a song that saluted the triumphs and sacrifices of a trucker’s life, Leland Martin remains amazed at the love he receives from the men and women who make their livings in...
- Posted January 6, 2011
- A Dog’s Life
Mack, the bulldog mascot for Mack Trucks, is a natural when it comes to showbiz. But when the cameras turn off, his work collar comes off too.
- Posted June 30, 2010
- Going the Distance
There’s no doubt that today’s trucks get far better fuel economy than new ones got just a few years ago. A short time ago, Freightliner and International publicly argued over whether the Cascadia or ProStar had better...
- Posted June 24, 2010