- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
All posts tagged "maintenance matters"
- Take care of your clutch system and it will take care of you
A vehicle’s clutch connects and disconnects the engine and transmission and dampens unwanted vibrations in a vehicle’s driveline system. If something goes off-kilter, expensive components, such as transmissions, may be affected, and today’s high torque engines put...
- Posted January 16, 2014
- Understand what you’ll get from the latest technology
This is the information age, and the trucking industry is seeing the benefits of advanced technology. Drivers and fleets can optimize miles per gallon, control operating costs and maximize uptime thanks to all sorts of devices now...
- Posted March 5, 2013
- A Matter of Degrees
Winter is just around the corner and trucks don’t particularly like low temperatures. Metal parts, fluids and coolants just don’t move as smoothly when they are cold. Freezing moisture can decrease braking power.
- Posted September 5, 2012