- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
All posts tagged "maintenance matters"
- Get wise to battery needs in winter
Oh, how frustrating it is to jump into a truck to begin your workday only to find that the starter will not crank the engine over. This scenario will be played out almost every cold day of...
- Posted November 1, 2014
- Getting to know engine oils on a molecular level
There is little debate that oil is the life of an engine. Certainly, reducing friction is the key purpose for engine oil, but these days it also plays a part in fuel efficiency, emissions control, metals protection,...
- Posted August 27, 2014
- Take steps be sure HVAC costs don’t get out of hand
Trucks manufactured in the ’80s and ’90s had a very simple A/C system, typically consisting of a single wire from the A/C control switch in the dash to a thermostat, then on through a pressure switch and...
- Posted July 2, 2014
- Take care of your clutch system and it will take care of you
A vehicle’s clutch connects and disconnects the engine and transmission and dampens unwanted vibrations in a vehicle’s driveline system. If something goes off-kilter, expensive components, such as transmissions, may be affected, and today’s high torque engines put...
- Posted January 16, 2014
- Understand what you’ll get from the latest technology
This is the information age, and the trucking industry is seeing the benefits of advanced technology. Drivers and fleets can optimize miles per gallon, control operating costs and maximize uptime thanks to all sorts of devices now...
- Posted March 5, 2013
- Winterize now and keep rolling through the cold
Winter is just around the corner and trucks don’t particularly like low temperatures. How to keep yours in good shape.
- Posted September 5, 2012