- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
All posts tagged "kickin back"
- Racing pigeons get a lift from driver Jon Hans
Prizefighter Mike Tyson raced pigeons on a reality show. England’s Queen Elizabeth II races pigeons from the Royal Loft at Sandringham House, her country home. The U.S. Army flew pigeons during World Wars I and II, and...
- Posted September 6, 2012
- Honor Roll
Each year, during the final week of May, people in Knoxville, Tenn., come out in droves. American flags are placed along the road to welcome visitors who will only stay for a short while, but who make...
- Posted July 9, 2012
- Fast Facts
When SPEED CHANNEL broadcaster John Roberts sat down to compile the best, worst and most memorable moments of NASCAR for his new book, The Great Book of NASCAR Lists, he knew people would disagree with some of...
- Posted May 2, 2012
- In The Ballpark
While professional baseball’s rules don’t vary, every Major League ballpark’s design, amenities and traditions do. Here’s a look at some Major League ballparks and what, besides the game, awaits fans.
- Posted May 1, 2012
- 4 1/2 Tons of Fun
Sports are defined by their great rivalries. Yankees vs. Red Sox. Packers against Bears. And when it comes to monster truck competition, there is nothing to compare with Grave Digger vs. Maximum Destruction.
- Posted December 30, 2011
- The Other Guy
Some moments in sports history are unforgettable. The Immaculate Reception. The Miracle On Ice. Home run number 715. Fans remember every detail — the what, the where and the who. Or do they?
- Posted November 4, 2011
- Audiobooks: Inside the World of ESPN and More
Reviews of Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN, 10th Anniversary and Carte Blanche.
- Posted September 2, 2011
- Battle Ready
Listen to Chuck Seekamp talk about the Civil War and you might think he’d been a Southern soldier in a past life. In fact, he’s a Confederate in his present life. The retired trucker “went Confederate” some...
- Posted September 1, 2011
- Crafty Catch
Father-son outings to Folsom Lake, near Roseville, Calif., ignited Lance Leavitt’s passion for fishing back in the 1960s. That lake is where the 57-year-old commercial driver landed his first bass, and he continues to return to that...
- Posted July 11, 2011
- Crazy For Crappie
John Harrison can’t recall the first crappie he ever caught. He was just a kid at the time and in the decades that have passed, the Calhoun City, Miss., resident has caught thousands.
- Posted March 4, 2011