- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts tagged "kickin back"
- How a cigar-smoking duck became the most sought-after hood ornament on the road
If any other director had called John Billings for permission to use “The Duck” in their movie, he might have declined. But this was Quentin Tarantino. “Of course I said yes,” says Billings, owner and producer of...
- Posted November 2, 2015
- America’s truck drivers get a handle on highway litter
America’s truck drivers are looking at the world through their windshield — and they don’t always like what they see. From coffee cups and empty soda bottles to cigarette butts and dirty diapers, it’s often hard to...
- Posted September 8, 2015
- Monster Jam trucks show flash and dash
Flying across the area in a blur of turbocharged beauty, one Monster Jam truck after another performs a series of wheelies, donuts and backflips. The excitement builds with each car mercilessly crushed in their wake. Adding to...
- Posted September 8, 2015
- The story of Buffalo Bill Cody and the entertaining spectacle he created
“My life was one of almost continuous excitement, and to tell the whole story would require many volumes.” William F. Cody William Frederick “Buffalo Bill” Cody, was just 11 years old when his father died, and he...
- Posted June 10, 2015
- Big rigs hit the track in the new ChampTruck World Series
People turn out by the thousands for NASCAR races,motorcycle races, Formula One races. But what about big trucks? They are already a huge success in Europe. The Truck Racing Organization and the FIA European Truck Racing Championship...
- Posted May 5, 2015
- Six sports rivalries that just won’t quit
A debate regarding the best sports rivalries could become as heated as the clashes themselves. Every fan has an opinion. And a favorite team. And therefore, a most un-favorite team. Chicago Blackhawks fans are required to despise...
- Posted January 21, 2015
- Racing pigeons get a lift from driver Jon Hans
Prizefighter Mike Tyson raced pigeons on a reality show. England’s Queen Elizabeth II races pigeons from the Royal Loft at Sandringham House, her country home. The U.S. Army flew pigeons during World Wars I and II, and...
- Posted September 6, 2012
- Bikers pay tribute to military veterans in the annual Run for the Wall
Each year, during the final week of May, people in Knoxville, Tenn., come out in droves. American flags are placed along the road to welcome visitors who will only stay for a short while, but who make...
- Posted July 9, 2012
- A new book of lists should get NASCAR trivia buffs’ hearts racing
When SPEED CHANNEL broadcaster John Roberts sat down to compile the best, worst and most memorable moments of NASCAR for his new book, The Great Book of NASCAR Lists, he knew people would disagree with some of...
- Posted May 2, 2012
- These baseball stadiums score big with special attractions
While professional baseball’s rules don’t vary, every Major League ballpark’s design, amenities and traditions do. Here’s a look at some Major League ballparks and what, besides the game, awaits fans.
- Posted May 1, 2012