- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
All posts tagged "Iron Skillet"
- Petro North Las Vegas makes truckers feel welcome
Las Vegas may be all about glitz, glam and extravagant experiences, but just 20 miles north of the strip, you’ll find a down-home truckstop that treats its customers like family.
- Posted September 6, 2012
- Appearance counts at Petro Brazil
Litter has a short life at Petro Brazil in Indiana. Dirt and grime don’t stand a chance either. “Our porter staff are outstanding, and each one of them takes pride in the location and in their job,”...
- Posted July 10, 2012
- Petro Dodge City takes a driver’s point of view
What do Truckers want? Petro Dodge City in Alabama has the answer. Owner Jim Hays used to be a truck driver himself and drew from his experience to build a location that would not only meet driver...
- Posted May 7, 2012
- Pretty Pleaser: Petro Spokane
Drivers who stop at the Petro Spokane are impressed by the surroundings and decor of the location. Then they realize that its beauty is not just skin deep.
- Posted March 6, 2012
- Door-to-Door Service
“We’ve built the reputation that we work hard to be clean and we have the right people here,” says Bobby Berkstresser, owner. “We were good as an independent truckstop, but we’re even better as a Petro.”
- Posted January 9, 2012
- Having a Blast
The Bordentown, N.J. Petro crew believes their customers are so nice they honor them with Customer Appreciation Days. The crew always looks for new ways to make these events fun.
- Posted November 9, 2011
- Smiling Faces
Some people may think that the happiest place on earth is Disney World, but the Ocala Petro, just an hour north of the famous resort, could easily compete for that title.
- Posted September 8, 2011
- New Attitude
The new Petro in Texas has some real star quality. The Carl’s Corner location was previously co-owned by singer Willie Nelson and it has a distinctive history.
- Posted July 7, 2011
- Wheel In
If the beautiful mountain scenery isn’t enough to keep drivers at the Wheeler Ridge Petro for a while, the surroundings on the ground will. The Petro has all the amenities a trucker could ask for, making...
- Posted January 6, 2011
- Good Cheer
With temperatures at a balmy 75 degrees or so and desert all around, the El Paso Petro doesn’t exactly fit the traditional image of a holiday haven. But when the time comes, there’s that seven-foot tall inflatable...
- Posted November 20, 2010