- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
All posts tagged "Homer Hogg"
- If it Moves, Lube it!
One of the most overlooked maintenance requirements of the modern over-the-road vehicle is lubrication. This is of great concern because it is critical that each component is lubed at the right time with the right lube.
- Posted March 1, 2012
- Braking Bad
My hope for all drivers is that they will never experience how emergency brake systems work. But if the need arises, it’s good to be aware of what happens to make those systems function at peak level.
- Posted December 30, 2011
- Truck Talk
Anyone who drives or works with trucks knows that it is now an electronic world. In the old days when vehicles used electrical systems rather than computer chips, all a driver had to alert them that something...
- Posted November 3, 2011
- Chilly Tomorrow
Drivers who stay in a regional operation where the climate is fairly consistent — like in San Diego, for example —don’t have to think much about how the changing seasons impact their trucks. But the majority of...
- Posted September 1, 2011