- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
All posts tagged "Homer Hogg"
- Understanding how to keep fuel costs down — that’s how you roll
Want to save fuel? Of course you do. Any truck operator has fuel economy as a top priority. But with so many products on the market promising savings, and the need to optimize every dollar spent, how...
- Posted May 1, 2013
- Understand what you’ll get from the latest technology
This is the information age, and the trucking industry is seeing the benefits of advanced technology. Drivers and fleets can optimize miles per gallon, control operating costs and maximize uptime thanks to all sorts of devices now...
- Posted March 5, 2013
- Keep your truck in shape for the dark, cold days of winter
Operating a large vehicle with heavy cargo is dangerous year round, but during the winter additional safety precautions are necessary. Key truck components and systems must be maintained so that they operate at peak capability during these...
- Posted January 2, 2013
- Exhaust Topics: Good maintenance protects aftertreatment system
There was a time when trucks rolling down the highway billowed heavy black smoke from two exhaust stacks. Sure, it looked cool, but that smoke contained tiny bits of junk.
- Posted November 2, 2012
- Winterize now and keep rolling through the cold
Winter is just around the corner and trucks don’t particularly like low temperatures. How to keep yours in good shape.
- Posted September 5, 2012
- Properly functioning air conditioning is about safety as well as comfort
It’s hot! And in some cities, it’s hot and sticky. If you find yourself saying, “Please let my air conditioning system work today!” then you need to continue reading for tips on keeping your AC system in...
- Posted July 5, 2012
- Moving parts on the trailer need maintenance too
Last issue we talked about the importance of lubrication maintenance in the tractor, but it’s just as vital for the trailer. Proper lubrication keeps your trailer in good working condition and prevents high operating costs resulting from...
- Posted April 30, 2012
- If it Moves, Lube it!
One of the most overlooked maintenance requirements of the modern over-the-road vehicle is lubrication. This is of great concern because it is critical that each component is lubed at the right time with the right lube.
- Posted March 1, 2012
- Braking Bad
My hope for all drivers is that they will never experience how emergency brake systems work. But if the need arises, it’s good to be aware of what happens to make those systems function at peak level.
- Posted December 30, 2011
- Truck Talk
Anyone who drives or works with trucks knows that it is now an electronic world. In the old days when vehicles used electrical systems rather than computer chips, all a driver had to alert them that something...
- Posted November 3, 2011