- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
All posts tagged "Homer Hogg"
- Cool It!
It’s hot! And in some cities, it’s hot and sticky. If you find yourself saying, “Please let my air conditioning system work today!” then you need to continue reading for tips on keeping your AC system in...
- Posted July 5, 2012
- Slick and Slide
Last issue we talked about the importance of lubrication maintenance in the tractor, but it’s just as vital for the trailer. Proper lubrication keeps your trailer in good working condition and prevents high operating costs resulting from...
- Posted April 30, 2012
- If it Moves, Lube it!
One of the most overlooked maintenance requirements of the modern over-the-road vehicle is lubrication. This is of great concern because it is critical that each component is lubed at the right time with the right lube.
- Posted March 1, 2012
- Braking Bad
My hope for all drivers is that they will never experience how emergency brake systems work. But if the need arises, it’s good to be aware of what happens to make those systems function at peak level.
- Posted December 30, 2011
- Truck Talk
Anyone who drives or works with trucks knows that it is now an electronic world. In the old days when vehicles used electrical systems rather than computer chips, all a driver had to alert them that something...
- Posted November 3, 2011
- Chilly Tomorrow
Drivers who stay in a regional operation where the climate is fairly consistent — like in San Diego, for example —don’t have to think much about how the changing seasons impact their trucks. But the majority of...
- Posted September 1, 2011