- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
All posts tagged "Homer Hogg"
- The mechanics behind slowing down and stopping are not so simple anymore
Take a short walk around a truck and you will notice the evolution of the brake system. This has become a very sophisticated bit of engineering, often due to the need to meet six requirements of the...
- Posted March 2, 2015
- The power of preventative maintenance done right on schedule
Arguably, the single most important thing you can do to control your maintenance cost is a quality preventative maintenance visit — on time every time. The power of discovering potential failures before they actually occur is undeniable....
- Posted January 2, 2015
- Get wise to battery needs in winter
Oh, how frustrating it is to jump into a truck to begin your workday only to find that the starter will not crank the engine over. This scenario will be played out almost every cold day of...
- Posted November 1, 2014
- Getting to know engine oils on a molecular level
There is little debate that oil is the life of an engine. Certainly, reducing friction is the key purpose for engine oil, but these days it also plays a part in fuel efficiency, emissions control, metals protection,...
- Posted August 27, 2014
- Take steps be sure HVAC costs don’t get out of hand
Trucks manufactured in the ’80s and ’90s had a very simple A/C system, typically consisting of a single wire from the A/C control switch in the dash to a thermostat, then on through a pressure switch and...
- Posted July 2, 2014
- Stay current with A/C maintenance and smile through the summer heat
Fixing a broken A/C can break the bank. The answer is good maintenance practices.
- Posted May 12, 2014
- Quality counts when trucks go in for preventative maintenance
Whether you are a one-truck operation or manage a fleet with thousands of vehicles, the single most important control you have for sustaining and improving profitability is a relatively simple one.
- Posted March 7, 2014
- Take care of your clutch system and it will take care of you
A vehicle’s clutch connects and disconnects the engine and transmission and dampens unwanted vibrations in a vehicle’s driveline system. If something goes off-kilter, expensive components, such as transmissions, may be affected, and today’s high torque engines put...
- Posted January 16, 2014
- 3 Alternatives to the Double Nut System
Like so many other truck components, the wheel end assembly — consisting of the spindle, hub, bearings, drums, rims, tires and all mounting hardware — has undergone changes in the past few years.
- Posted November 7, 2013
- Understanding the air dryers now available in new brake systems
Can we agree that the brake system is a vitally important part of your truck? Certainly you want to feel confident that your brakes are working at peak performance.
- Posted September 1, 2013