- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
All posts tagged "fuel economy"
- Can a 6×2 drivetrain find its way into the hearts of U.S. truckers?
Fuel economy still dominates any conversation on trucking. With today’s prices, each percentage point of fuel saved can add up to serious money. Getting 2-3 percent savings without additional cost would interest anyone in the industry. Weight...
- Posted March 21, 2014
- The fuel that everyone is talking about
We’ve been talking about fuel economy for years, and part of the issue is the country’s dependence on foreign oil imports. That wasn’t always the case. In 1970, the United States spent $3 billion on foreign oil....
- Posted September 1, 2013
- Understanding how to keep fuel costs down — that’s how you roll
Want to save fuel? Of course you do. Any truck operator has fuel economy as a top priority. But with so many products on the market promising savings, and the need to optimize every dollar spent, how...
- Posted May 1, 2013
- The Sweet Spot
The higher fuel prices go, the greater their effect on your profitability in trucking. And obviously, the better your miles per gallon, the more profitable you will be.
- Posted June 30, 2011
- Electronics Economics
That same scale of advancement, brought about by the computer revolution, has given us devices for our trucks undreamed of a generation ago. They bring us more convenience, more safety and, better still, save us money.
- Posted January 7, 2011
- On the Road
Peterbilt got my attention at the 2010 Mid America Trucking Show when they unveiled their all-new Model 587. That’s right; it’s a 5-series. After years of learning the “code” of the 3-series of trucks, Peterbilt chose to...
- Posted January 4, 2011
- Going the Distance
There’s no doubt that today’s trucks get far better fuel economy than new ones got just a few years ago. A short time ago, Freightliner and International publicly argued over whether the Cascadia or ProStar had better...
- Posted June 24, 2010
- Future Travel
What’s all this talk about a Super Truck, and what makes it so super? When the government cash awards hit the headlines earlier this year, more and more drivers started asking those questions. Well, here’s the story...
- Posted May 3, 2010
- Paul Abelson with the new Kenworth T700
Road King Senior Technical Editor Paul Abelson talks about fuel economy and the new Kenworth T700 at the Mid-American Trucking Show.
- Posted April 6, 2010