- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts tagged "Freightliner"
- A Mobile Driver Training Simulator shows drivers how to handle any situation
Almost everyone considers themselves a good driver. Terry Kearns, a truck driver for nearly 30 years and now a trainer in safe driving with the Paducah Area Transit System, can shatter that self-image in a matter of...
- Posted September 4, 2015
- Taking a ride in a Peterbilt with Advanced Driver Assist System
It’s amazing to see how many years of technology development came together to enable trucks to operate on their own. I rode in Peterbilt’s autonomous truck and had the feeling I could have done what our driver...
- Posted September 2, 2015
- It’s not a revolution. The autonomous truck has been developing for more than two decades.
This year, Freightliner and Peterbilt demonstrated their autonomous trucks to an eager trucking industry press corps, and Google showed its self-driving, computer-connected passenger car. All got a lot of press and sparked a good deal of discussion...
- Posted September 1, 2015
- Freightliner brings its Cascadia up a notch with Evolution
A few years ago, Freightliner introduced the Cascadia. Developed in the company’s wind tunnel in Portland, Ore., it was touted as the most aerodynamic — and therefore fuel efficient — conventional tractor ever.
- Posted December 31, 2012
- MATS puts everything trucking on display
MATS puts everything trucking on display
- Posted May 4, 2012
- Tour of Duty
First the vivid midnight blue, purple and yellow paint job catches the eye. Then you see the image of the Statue of Liberty, surrounded by exploding fireworks. But when you notice the Purple Heart medals on each...
- Posted November 1, 2011
- Pictures from MATS
Check out our photo gallery of the trucks, parts, gear and more that made up the 2011 Mid-America Trucking Show.
- Posted April 4, 2011
- Future Travel
What’s all this talk about a Super Truck, and what makes it so super? When the government cash awards hit the headlines earlier this year, more and more drivers started asking those questions. Well, here’s the story...
- Posted May 3, 2010
- Everything Has Changed – Almost
Freightliner’s Cascadia combines the best of the old with impressive new tricks
- Posted January 1, 2008