- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
All posts tagged "FMCSA"
- Drivers can make an impact on the industry
Joe Rajkovacz spent 29 years as a driver and has been advocating for truckers for 35 years. Road King talked with him about how drivers can make their voices heard on trucking issues.
- Posted January 2, 2013
- Rest Assured
Road King talked with Richard Schweitzer, legal counsel for the National Private Truck Council (NPTC), to learn more about the association’s work on sleep apnea.
- Posted January 5, 2012
- Raise Your Voice
After grumbling about new hours of service rules, wondering how to get more women accepted into the trucking fold or growing alarmed at the health issues so many fellow drivers face, a lot of truckers throw up...
- Posted June 30, 2011
- Start Making Sense
Finally, the federal government has passed a piece of legislation that the entire trucking industry can get behind. It’s a groundbreaking law. However, it hasn’t garnered much attention.
- Posted January 6, 2011
- Finally, Roadability Accountability
If you’re like me and occasionally pull intermodal containers, there’s some good news.The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has finally done something about the condition of these vehicles.
- Posted May 5, 2010