- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
All posts tagged "Featured"
- Always expect the unexpected on the road
You never know when opportunity may come a-knockin’. Sometimes it’s at the most inopportune times. Unexpected situation 1 Late into the evening, I had a blowout on a trailer tire. I immediately glanced all around. I could...
- Posted November 4, 2014
- Daimler’s Future Truck 2025 makes its own way down the road
Imagine a truck that drives itself and allows its driver to be less stressed, more productive and safer behind the wheel. This truck constantly communicates with its surroundings to allow vehicles to travel more closely together, taking...
- Posted November 3, 2014
- The Wreaths Across America journey
Jeray Simms wept tears of joy, celebration and farewell as she solemnly placed a dog tag on the branch of a balsam tree. She thought about the World War II corporal — a veteran of the European...
- Posted November 3, 2014
- Get wise to battery needs in winter
Oh, how frustrating it is to jump into a truck to begin your workday only to find that the starter will not crank the engine over. This scenario will be played out almost every cold day of...
- Posted November 1, 2014
- Dad’s Wonderful Truck
This truck was really something back in 1986 — a jaw-dropping showpiece, even though it was a daily working truck for owner-operator Duane Furry. The pinstriping, the chrome and the lights made everyone take a second look....
- Posted September 16, 2014
- One man’s mentor helped make him the trucker he is today
Gregory Putnam is not surprised that his mentor and former boss, 79-year-old Ken Chenault, downplays the powerful effect his life has had on others. According to Putnam, the only thing “more Ken” than his extensive trucking knowledge...
- Posted September 12, 2014
- How to find a trucking mentor or be one — and why it’s good business for all
For years, trucking knowledge and skills — from driving a truck to handling the industry’s business aspects — was passed from the “old hands” to those wanting to take the wheel. These were the drivers who did...
- Posted September 8, 2014
- Four singers who are focusing on building an audience of drivers
Being a truck driver requires patience, sacrifice of personal time, and a sometimes very solitary existence on the road with only music for company. Today, a new batch of singers are showing their appreciation for the job...
- Posted September 7, 2014
- Appreciating what truck drivers do
Inside the industry and out, plenty of people do understand that truckers are dedicated professionals who make an impact on how we all live every day. Hear from a few of the many out there. C&A Transportation,...
- Posted September 4, 2014
- Getting to know engine oils on a molecular level
There is little debate that oil is the life of an engine. Certainly, reducing friction is the key purpose for engine oil, but these days it also plays a part in fuel efficiency, emissions control, metals protection,...
- Posted August 27, 2014