- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
All posts tagged "Driver’s Story"
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
I met June at C.R. England. It happened quick! We just knew we were a fit.
- Posted December 31, 2012
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
My journey in trucking began when I got out of the Army at age 20 and drove a truck for a pulpwood and logging business I started with my dad in Wisconsin.
- Posted November 1, 2012
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
My first experience driving a truck was on my grandpa’s dairy farm in Virginia when I was 11.
- Posted August 31, 2012
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
I got bit by the trucking bug early in life in Natchez, Miss. Trucking is a lifestyle, and once you get bit, you can’t turn back.
- Posted July 3, 2012
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
I got into the trucking industry in the early ’90s after working in construction and being laid off for the second time in 12 years. I decided it was time for a change.
- Posted May 2, 2012
- One Girl Trucking: 3rd generation trucker blogs about driving
I’m a third generation truck driver. My grandpa, my uncles and my father all drove, and my mom was a dispatcher for years. My dad taught me how to drive, and I guess it just kind of...
- Posted March 1, 2012
- Iron Man
I never knew being a truck driver would turn me into an artist, but it happened. I was a welder before I started driving a truck in 1973. Back then you didn’t have to have a CDL,...
- Posted December 30, 2011
- Christmas Convoy Star
The biggest thing we participate in every Christmas season is the Christmas Convoy parade in Eureka. It started in 1985, when a bunch of guys decided to put Christmas lights on their trucks and drive them over...
- Posted November 1, 2011
- Driver Hank Good makes his truck a sight to behold around the world
This little old lady got on the CB — she was driving the camper — and told me I had a Highway Hilton. I knew that was the name for the truck.
- Posted July 5, 2011
- Father’s Day
I turned 18 in 1976, and before my birthday could even cool off I’d had one too many arguments with my father. So out the door I went with just an old sleeping bag, a Boy Scout...
- Posted May 2, 2011