- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
All posts tagged "Driver’s Story"
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
I got into the trucking industry in the early ’90s after working in construction and being laid off for the second time in 12 years. I decided it was time for a change.
- Posted May 2, 2012
- One Girl Trucking: 3rd generation trucker blogs about driving
I’m a third generation truck driver. My grandpa, my uncles and my father all drove, and my mom was a dispatcher for years. My dad taught me how to drive, and I guess it just kind of...
- Posted March 1, 2012
- Iron Man
I never knew being a truck driver would turn me into an artist, but it happened. I was a welder before I started driving a truck in 1973. Back then you didn’t have to have a CDL,...
- Posted December 30, 2011
- Christmas Convoy Star
The biggest thing we participate in every Christmas season is the Christmas Convoy parade in Eureka. It started in 1985, when a bunch of guys decided to put Christmas lights on their trucks and drive them over...
- Posted November 1, 2011
- Driver Hank Good makes his truck a sight to behold around the world
This little old lady got on the CB — she was driving the camper — and told me I had a Highway Hilton. I knew that was the name for the truck.
- Posted July 5, 2011
- Father’s Day
I turned 18 in 1976, and before my birthday could even cool off I’d had one too many arguments with my father. So out the door I went with just an old sleeping bag, a Boy Scout...
- Posted May 2, 2011
- Cool Haul
I always say that I’m a firecracker because I was born on Independence Day, but any woman would have to be when it comes to learning to stand on your own two feet in a man’s business.
- Posted March 1, 2011
- Back in Business
As a kid growing up, I had an uncle who drove, and he just made it look so fun when he would take us riding in his truck. I was fascinated by the size of the...
- Posted January 4, 2011