- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
- Easy Being Green: Sustainability by CNG-fueled truck
All posts tagged "Drivers Seat"
- Why good health is good business for truckers
According to a recent Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, transportation workers have the highest obesity rate of any industry in the nation — 37.8 percent. Three years ago, the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine published a study of...
- Posted January 3, 2013
- Owning & Driving for Your Own Trucking Company
An extremely challenging situation for the micro-motor carrier owner still hauling loads occurs when you’re also the boss for up to five other truckers.
- Posted November 1, 2012
- Controlling the Climate
Climate control trucking isn’t hauling refrigerated freight; it’s more than that. Mike Blackston and Art Taylor, who have been doing climate control hauling for Legacy Transportation Services Inc., San José, Calif., discuss the unique requirements of this...
- Posted August 31, 2012
- Trucking for Two
Most truckers who drive team are husband and wife, so the income supports a single family. But what makes the arrangement work for unrelated drivers? Sharing an 8-foot by 6-foot living space creates a whole list of...
- Posted November 1, 2011
- Following the Career Path of a Truck-Driving Parent
Is it something in the genes that leads to a love of the open road? Or does merely spending time with a trucker make the job so attractive?
- Posted May 2, 2011
- Step By Step
Rolling landscape, blue sky in your windshield—the independent American Dream makes truckers want their own companies. That requires trucking knowledge, dedication, business savvy and leaps of faith. Most of all, you must learn from mistakes and not...
- Posted July 1, 2010