- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
All posts tagged "David Kolman"
- U.S. Most Congested Highways
ATRI and FHWA recently released the findings of their “2009 Bottleneck Analysis of 100 Freight Significant Highway Locations.” Seems to me the organizations could have saved a ton of money by just asking a couple of...
- Posted June 4, 2010
- Healthy While Trucking: Mind and Body
As we struggle with our fitness, I recommend adding mental fitness to the workout routine. After all, we can’t get all the benefits from a healthy body if the mind doesn’t remain alive and active as we...
- Posted May 26, 2010
- Finally, Roadability Accountability
If you’re like me and occasionally pull intermodal containers, there’s some good news.The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has finally done something about the condition of these vehicles.
- Posted May 5, 2010
- Roving Eyes
I have a lady friend who is a cross-country trucker. Often, to help her pass the hours behind the wheel on those long, straight stretches of roadway she knits, usually making caps, gloves and sweaters for family...
- Posted May 3, 2010
- David Kolman in the Kenworth T700
Senior Editor David Kolman gives his view of the new Kenworth T700 at the 2010 Mid-America Trucking Show.
- Posted April 2, 2010
- Road King Wins Industry Awards
Road King won nine awards for magazine writing and design at the Truck Writers of North America Communication Awards ceremony
- Posted March 26, 2010
- Valentine's Day Dilemma
A company developed what it says is the world’s first driver performance analysis system that can be an effective tool for identifying “drivers-at-risk.”
- Posted February 11, 2010
- SARTRE: Technology for vehicles to drive themselves
Wouldn’t it be great if you could flip a switch and let your truck take over the inch-along-in-traffic chore while you read a magazine, enjoy a leisurely snack or do all the text-messaging and cell-phone calling you’d...
- Posted January 5, 2010
- Going down the wrong path
I had a close call last week. I was trucking north around a sharp curve on a rural two-lane road. Coming up toward on me on the southbound lane was a large RV pulling a car on...
- Posted November 5, 2009