- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
All posts tagged "David Kolman"
- Good reasons to appreciate drivers
William James, an American philosopher and psychologist who is often referred to as the father of American psychology, once stated: “The deepest principle of human nature is a craving to be appreciated.”
- Posted September 1, 2013
- The long search for a cabover project truck
I’ve been on a quest for a good many years now, as you regular Road King readers are aware. For those who aren’t, my pursuit has been to find an affordable, reasonable-looking, used cabover tractor. It will...
- Posted May 1, 2013
- Bragging Rights: Who’s the safest driver of them all?
There have been numerous occasions when I’ve been having coffee with other drivers and the conversation turned to safe driving. Trucker after trucker would try to top one another with their tally of miles or years driven...
- Posted November 5, 2012
- The power of truly appreciating truck drivers
I look forward to each National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. Since the inaugural event in 1998, it’s a time when America and the trucking industry recognizes professional truck drivers for the difficult job they do so well.
- Posted September 2, 2012
- Some advice to companies on keeping drivers
How does this sound? Trucking companies have a dedicated driver recruitment department that invests a significant amount of money each month in recruiting programs to find qualified drivers. This department has a well-defined program to drill down...
- Posted July 5, 2012
- Cabover Cool Part 2
As you regular readers of my Road King columns and blogs know, I love cabover-over-engine (COE) tractors. I’ve been a cabover devotee ever since I spied my first one as a young child. Hence my nickname: Cabover....
- Posted March 1, 2012
- The Ripple Effect
With all that’s happening in the world these days, friendliness and kindness have all but gone away, replaced by crabbiness, aggravation, anger, stress, frustration and fear. Common courtesy and civility have gone by the wayside.
- Posted November 8, 2011
- Anger Management
Like any professional trucker, I know that when you deal with law enforcement officers you ought to be courteous. Back in my “I’ve got a date with freight and it can’t wait” days, I learned that appearing...
- Posted September 8, 2011
- My Son, the Trucker
I wonder how different my life would be had my family been in the trucking business.
- Posted May 4, 2011
- Road King Wins 10 TWNA Awards
Road King received a total of 10 awards, including a Best of Graphics 2010 Award, in the Truck Writers of North America (TWNA) Communication Awards.
- Posted April 1, 2011