- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
Road King Wins 13 Awards
Road King magazine won 13 awards, including the Best of 2012 Award for magazine design, at the Truck Writers of North America Communication Awards given out at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky.
The TWNA Communication Awards recognize excellence in trucking industry journalism in both the trade and mainstream press, as well as excellence in communication with the industry by public relations professionals.
Art Director Michael Nott won Best of Graphics for the seventh consecutive year. His work on the May/June 2012 issue earned the top award, Best of 2012, which is given to the best work of the year across all awards categories.
Road King won awards in the following categories:
Tour of Duty — Becky Henson — Bronze Award
Maintenance Matters (column) — Homer Hogg — Bronze Award
Out My Windshield (column) — David A. Kolman — Silver Award
November/December 2011 Issue — Nancy Henderson — Silver Award
What Goes Around — Paul Abelson — Silver Award
Great Job! — Timothy D. Brady — Gold Award
The Ring Master (feature) — Michael Nott — Bronze Award
Great Job! — Michael Nott — Silver Award
Cabover Cool, Part 2 (cover) — Michael Nott — Gold Award
Great Job! — Michael Nott — Gold Award
May/June 2012 Issue (total publication) — Michael Nott — Gold Award
May/June 2012 Issue — Michael Nott — Best of Graphics
May/June 2012 Issue — Michael Nott — Best of 2012
Road King is celebrating its 50th anniversary of serving profession drivers in 2013.