- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
Road King Receives 11 Industry Awards
Road King magazine won 11 Truck Writer of North America (TWNA) Communicator Awards. The awards ceremony was held in Louisville, Ky. at the Mid-America Trucking Show, the largest gathering of professional truck drivers in the world.
Road King was honored for both editorial and design excellence. Parthenon Publishing‘s Creative Director Michael Nott earned his sixth consecutive Best of Graphics award, given to the work deemed the best of the best in the overall category of design. I was especially pleased that the May/June 2011 issue won a Gold Award for Single Issue, because it was a personal favorite of mine as it went from the spark of an idea on a family trucking business to an entire issue pegged to Mother’s and Father’s Day.
The Road King TWNA Communicator Award winners were:
•Gold Award for “Getting Back to Your Routes,” by Paul Abelson
•Gold Award for “Masters of Disaster,” by Paul Hartley,
•Gold Award for May/June 2011 Road King, single issue.
•Gold Award & Best of Graphics for “Haul of Fame” article design.
•Silver Award for “Out My Windshield,” by David A. Kolman,
•Silver Award for “Field Days,” by Richard Middleton
•Silver Award for “Haul of Fame,” by Katie Neal
•Bronze Award for “Step By Step,” by Timothy D. Brady
•Bronze Award for “Masters of Disaster,” cover design.
•Bronze Award for “Masters of Disaster” cover, typography.