- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
Your Name Here
In the trucking world, there are hundreds of stories of drivers who are true role models, and TravelCenters of America wants to recognize them. The Citizen Driver award was created to recognize drivers who evoke public respect for the driving profession. Anyone can nominate a driver for the award using a form now available on the company’s website (www.ta-petro.com).
Citizen Driver winners will be announced in March 2014 and honored at a special event in Louisville, Ky., during the 2014 Mid-America Trucking Show. Each will have their favorite TA or Petro travel center named after them. Additional prizes will be awarded to nominees and finalists.