- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
Women in Trucking Partners with TA/Petro – MATS 2014
Women In Trucking (WIT) Association’s 5th annual “Salute to the Women Behind the Wheel,” will be held March 29 at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Kentucky. Thanks to the generosity of TA/Petro, more drivers will be invited to the event and can become dues paying members of the nonprofit association without writing a check.
Professional drivers who purchase fuel at TA and Petro Stopping Center locations will be able to redeem their UltraONE® Points for a one year membership at Women In Trucking Association. From the UltraONE Kiosk redemption screen, a driver can choose to redeem 500 accrued points for a one year WIT membership by selecting the “WIT Enrollment” option. Once joined, drivers will receive all member benefits, which include a lapel pin, a subscription to “Redefining the Road” magazine, and invitations to event such as the “Salute to Women Behind the Wheel.”
Tom O’Brien, TA’s President and CEO remarked, “TA is proud of its relationship with the Women In Trucking organization and happy to help WIT attract new members, and make it easy for professional drivers to join. WIT, which is open to all drivers, men or women, promotes the valuable contributions of fine professional drivers.”
“This is an easy and visible way for us to attract new drivers to Women In Trucking Association,” said WIT’s President/CEO, Ellen Voie. TA/Petro has always been a great supporter of the association, but this is an innovative way for us to reach a wider audience of potential members. We look forward to adding many more members and welcoming them to the Salute to Women Behind the Wheel in March.”
Women In Trucking was established to encourage the employment of women in the trucking industry, promote their accomplishments and minimize obstacles faced by women working in the trucking industry. Membership is not limited to women, as sixteen percent of its members are men who support the mission. Women In Trucking is supported by its members and the generosity of Gold Level Partners: Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, Daimler Truck NA, Frito-Lay North America , Great Dane Trailers, Hyundai Translead, and Walmart. Silver Level Partner is C.H. Robinson. Inc. Follow WIT on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. For more information visit http://www.WomenInTrucking.org or call 888-464-9482.