- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
Get in the Zone
TA’s popular SpeedZone WiFi service has a new toll-free customer service line to help drivers get connected. For help logging on, or other questions, call (877) 838-1926. SpeedZone offers the lowest WiFi prices of any national travel center chain: $1.99 for 60 minutes, $4.79 a day, $19.99 a month or $149.99 for the whole year. Drivers can pay with TA RoadMiles, major credit cards, or prepaid cards purchased at a TA store. To find out which locations offer WiFi, visit www.tatravelcenters.com.
TA has signed an exclusive agreement with Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire to sell Bridgestone and Firestone brand tires at TA and Petro locations. The locations will offer Bridgestone tires exclusively as a premium brand, but will continue to offer other mid-range brands. The partnership is effective immediately for the next seven years.
Two TravelCenters Join the TA Family
In November, the former Romine’s Truck Stop in Morris, Ill., became the 164th TA. Located off I-80 and Route 47, the new Morris TA features one of the largest and most popular travel center restaurants nationwide:
“R” Place. The restaurant seats 250, specializes in made-from-scratch entrées like meatloaf and potpie and boasts an in-house bakery featuring homemade eclairs and fudge that drivers can take to go. Kathie Romines and her staff will remain at the location to provide the home cooking and outstanding hospitality that have made “R” Place a driver favorite since 1967. “We have drivers who will wait two states just to eat here, and we want them to know we’re not changing,” Romines says. “And for drivers who have never been here, we hope they’ll come for a visit!”
The 39-acre Morris TA also features a Quizno’s Subs, 200 parking spaces, five showers, a large travel store, game room, driver’s lounge and laundry room.
TA has also added another location with the purchase of the former Kelly’s Truck Stop in Greenwood, La. Located off Interstate 20, the Greenwood site spans 32 acres and features the full-service Kelly’s Café and Grille, a Subway, 150 parking spaces, 10 showers, a 3,000 sq. ft store and a newly renovated three-bay truck service center. Other amenities include a driver’s lounge, laundry room, barber shop and truck wash. The addition of Greenwood marks the 165th TA nationwide.