- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
MATS puts everything trucking on display
If a trucker might want it, it’s here.
The Mid-America Trucking Show always offers lots to look over, but this year’s show seemed especially full of exciting new items. Freightliner introduced its T680 and Peterbilt debuted its 579, both touting driver-tested interior comfort. Freightliner, celebrating its 70-year anniversary, showed off the Revolution: Innovation Truck, a space-age style concept rig. Western Star went retro with its display, to an almost blindingly neon and sparkly degree.
Nearly 81,000 people attended, and if they had sore feet by the end of their walk through the aisles, there was always a comfy truck nearby to sit in.