- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
There’s really nothing like the the Mid-America Trucking Show. It’s a smorgasbord of trucking people and products, and I always have an amazing time when I go. This year we had a huge turnout at our booth, and with it a chance to show drivers what we are all about.
In connection with our StayFit program, TA and Petro co-sponsored the MATS Health Awareness Walk, which drew 65 drivers to take steps toward better health through a 1.5-mile group walk. Thanks to Trucking Solutions Group, originators of the annual Walk, for asking us to support their efforts to improve driver health.
Our own Homer Hogg was on hand to answer driver questions, and SiriusXM’s Dave Nemo recorded a MATS edition of Maintenance Matters with him right from our booth.
We had samples of our flavored cappuccinos — S’mores, Chocolate Banana, French Vanilla and more. With a swipe of an UltraONE® card, visitors got a coupon for a free all-beef hot dog, an early taste of our newest food offering.
And of course, we invited a group of drivers to join us at a luncheon so that we could speak to each other at length. We discussed what TA and Petro are doing that is working, where we can improve and what we should be thinking about as we look ahead. Many of the programs that we initiated in the past year were sparked by last year’s MATS luncheon — including our new laundry facilities.
During the lunch, we announced RoadSquad Connect, Buy Big & Save, and Member Pricing. (For more information see detailed articles below.) As usual, our customers responded to our inquiries with heaps of new ideas to consider.
Even if you were unable to join us at MATS this year, we want to hear your thoughts about services and amenities that you would like to see. So let us know. Visit our Facebook page, or call us at 1-800-632-9240 to tell us your idea.
The ballots have been counted and you have chosen the Best Restaurant and Best Server at TA and Petro locations across the country. We’re glad there were so many to choose from, and thank you for your votes to select your favorite.
Best TA Server:
TA Lake Station, Ind.
Best TA Restaurant:
Lake Station, Ind.
Best Petro Server:
Petro Corning, Calif.
Best Petro Restaurant:
Petro Ocala, Fla.
Serving You Better
Be sure to update your TruckSmart app or download the app if you don’t have it on your phone yet. We continue to add valuable features all the time, including the ability to search for locations that offer DEF at the pump and to search by amenities.
- UltraONE members now get additional savings with Member Pricing on some travel store items. Present your UltraONE rewards card at time of purchase and you can save up to 40 percent on up to 100 items.
- Our easy and valuable oil rewards program is in effect until June 30, 2013. All you have to do is swipe your UltraONE card with each purchase of any Oil Change Package. You’ll earn one OIL VISIT. The more OIL VISITs you earn, the higher the savings on a future oil change package. You can get up to $200 off at TA Truck Service and Petro:Lube.
1 visit $25 off
2 visits $55 off
3 visits $95 off
4 visits $145 off
5 visits $200 off
New Petro in Georgia
Come on down to the new Petro Carnesville (I-85, Exit 160). There are 250 truck parking spaces, a Blue Beacon truck wash, five truck service bays, 18 showers and an Iron Skillet restaurant. Plus you will find all the amenities and the great service that Petro is known for.
Call for Help
The reliability and ease of TA and Petro’s RoadSquad roadside assistance service just got better, with RoadSquad Connect. Now one call to 1-800-824-SHOP (7467) gives you access to thousands of qualified breakdown recovery services all across the country. There is no membership fee for this fast response service, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year.
For the past two years, TA and Petro have been offering drivers great deals on bulk purchases at the travel store under the Buy Big & Save program. These have been so popular that the program is expanding.
Four locations are now rolling out Buy Big & Save stores, stocked with an even wider selection of bulk food and beverages priced for incredible savings.
Look for Buy Big & Save stores at the following locations:
- TA Corning, Calif., I-5N, Exit 630
- Petro Kingdom City, Mo., I-70 & Hwy 54, Exit 148
- Petro Ocala, Fla., I-75, Exit 368
- Petro Mebane, N.C., I-40/85, Exit 157