- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
- Driver David Boyer: Sharing the road responsibly
- World’s Toughest Trucker contestant: “I’m the modern cowboy”
Volvo Trucks Honors Military Heroes with 2014 Ride for Freedom Truck
Volvo’s New River Valley (NRV) assembly plant in Dublin, Virginia unveiled the design for its 2014 Ride for Freedom memorial truck, which will travel in a motorcade of about 175 motorcycles from the plant to the U.S. capital during Memorial Day weekend.
Each year, NRV employees and the UAW Local 2069 Veteran Committee develop custom graphics for its tribute truck. Volvo employees at the NRV plant have been participating for more than two decades in the Run For The Wall motorcycle rally, which honors those who have been captured or lost their lives while serving in America’s armed forces.
This year’s memorial truck, a Volvo VNL 670, is adorned with graphics saluting all military service members. As in years past, a significant portion of the design pays tribute to prisoners of war and those missing in action. In designing the truck, the veteran’s committee focused on creating a visual to provoke thought and reflection, educate the public and incorporate a healing aspect.