- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
Every driver knows that you put additives in your fuel, especially in winter. But how do...
Almost everyone considers themselves a good driver. Terry Kearns, a truck driver for nearly 30 years...
It’s amazing to see how many years of technology development came together to enable trucks to...
More Gearbox News
- It’s not a revolution. The autonomous truck has been developing for more than two decades.
This year, Freightliner and Peterbilt demonstrated their autonomous trucks to an eager trucking industry...
- Posted September 1, 2015
- Truck tires have developed into sophisticated tools of fuel economy
There are many factors that affect the fuel mileage attained by any given vehicle,...
- Posted July 6, 2015
- An axle that disconnects when you don’t need it
The latest trend in engine design is “downspeeding.” It has nothing to do with...
- Posted July 1, 2015
- Downspeeding engines make it easy for drivers to enjoy the ride while saving on fuel
The vast majority of CDL holders today came into our industry learning certain fundamentals...
- Posted March 3, 2015
- Exhaust emissions? They barely exist now. But wait, there’s more to be done.
It’s been more than 15 years since the EPA started regulating pollution from truck...
- Posted March 2, 2015
- The Procision transmission uses dual-clutch design to make every shift easy
Technology advances continue to have an impact on trucking safety, economy and ease. Eaton...
- Posted November 6, 2014
- Daimler’s Future Truck 2025 makes its own way down the road
Imagine a truck that drives itself and allows its driver to be less stressed,...
- Posted November 3, 2014