- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
There are many factors that affect the fuel mileage attained by any given vehicle, including drivers,...
When summer temperatures start climbing, a long drive in an enclosed space would be unbearable if...
The latest trend in engine design is “downspeeding.” It has nothing to do with speed limiting,...
More Trucks News
- A few minutes of investigating can lead you to the cause of an ABS alert
Any warning light warrants attention, but the ABS light on the dash of your...
- Posted May 4, 2015
- Bob and Shelley Brinker look at this year’s MATS as another time to shine
There’s no isolation booth, no bouquet of roses or tiara, and not a swimsuit...
- Posted March 4, 2015
- Downspeeding engines make it easy for drivers to enjoy the ride while saving on fuel
The vast majority of CDL holders today came into our industry learning certain fundamentals...
- Posted March 3, 2015
- The mechanics behind slowing down and stopping are not so simple anymore
Take a short walk around a truck and you will notice the evolution of...
- Posted March 2, 2015
- Exhaust emissions? They barely exist now. But wait, there’s more to be done.
It’s been more than 15 years since the EPA started regulating pollution from truck...
- Posted March 2, 2015
- The power of preventative maintenance done right on schedule
Arguably, the single most important thing you can do to control your maintenance cost...
- Posted January 2, 2015
- Many tools and devices in trucking originated with the military
The relationship between the military and the trucking industry goes back to World War...
- Posted November 10, 2014