- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts by Siphiwe Baleka
- Increase the good kind, get rid of the bad
‘Tis the season. Are you the obvious choice to don the Santa suit? Truck drivers are known for their big bellies. We even have a name for it — trucker’s gut. So now is a great time...
- Posted November 4, 2014
- Take a different approach to diet and exercise
Everybody knows that to lose weight, you have to “move more and eat less.” Well, I’m here to tell you that to lose weight, you have to “move less and eat more.” How is that possible? When...
- Posted October 1, 2014
- Sitting all the time does a body no good
A driver may spend up to 15 hours each day sitting, which can cause “sitting disease.”
- Posted May 1, 2014
- Truckers’ unique obstacles to getting proper sleep can affect their health
Whenever there is a conversation about truck drivers and sleep, the talk always turns to driver fatigue and sleep apnea.
- Posted March 7, 2014
- 2014 Healthy Driver of the Year Award: Melissa Fort
Melissa Fort was named Female Healthy Driver of the Year by the Healthy Trucking Association of America, and she did it after completing Driver Health Editor Siphiwe Baleka’s 13-week program at Prime Inc.
- Posted November 11, 2013
- Fast and effective exercise strategies
Drivers who want to lose weight or increase their fitness and health need to reset, or “spike,” their metabolism to a higher level. That requires exercise, which many drivers believe they just don’t have time to do.
- Posted July 3, 2013
- How Did I Get This Belly? 7 Ways to Stop Metabolic Syndrome
When you got your CDL did anyone tell you about a disease called Metabolic Syndrome that afflicts more than 80 percent of truck drivers? Probably not.
- Posted May 1, 2013