- A driver learns from the past to lead the future
- A driver builds up his own trucking business
- Father and son share a love of life on the road, even if it makes visits rare
- This driver always makes time to mentor the next generation — whether at home or on the road
- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
All posts by Nancy Henderson
- Military veterans find success as truckers
Tiffany Deering joined the U.S. Army in 2006. While stationed in Korea for two years, she met and married John, another soldier. He left for Fort Drum in New York, and she followed, but military service usually...
- Posted November 5, 2015
- A Mobile Driver Training Simulator shows drivers how to handle any situation
Almost everyone considers themselves a good driver. Terry Kearns, a truck driver for nearly 30 years and now a trainer in safe driving with the Paducah Area Transit System, can shatter that self-image in a matter of...
- Posted September 4, 2015
- When her pup lost its pep, a driver realized she had to make some changes for both of them
While she could shrug off her own lack of energy and the extra pounds she had put on over 13 years of trucking, Elizabeth Aud couldn’t stand to see the same thing happening to her dog, Bella...
- Posted July 1, 2015
- Determination to change led this driver to drop more than 200 pounds
At nearly 500 pounds, fueling up was a three-step process for trucker Kyle Hoover. “I couldn’t stand long enough to pump the fuel and get my receipt,” he recalls. “I would have to put fuel in the...
- Posted May 5, 2015
- You won’t believe the amazing contraptions that Rich Weissensel creates out of old DeLoreans
Like many a student taking notes in class, Rich Weissensel would get bored and doodle. Unlike most, he drew elaborate variations on the defunct DeLorean automobile, imagining the sleek sports car as a limousine or a convertible. Years...
- Posted March 13, 2015
- Specially designed trucks driven by military veterans deliver a message of patriotism and gratitude
A rig tricked out in eye-catching murals will always get attention. These do more. They honor all men and women who have served in the military, and the reaction has been overwhelming. THE TRUCK: HONORED VETERAN A...
- Posted November 4, 2014
- Dad’s Wonderful Truck
This truck was really something back in 1986 — a jaw-dropping showpiece, even though it was a daily working truck for owner-operator Duane Furry. The pinstriping, the chrome and the lights made everyone take a second look....
- Posted September 16, 2014
- Trucker Bobby Dean took the long road to music success
Dean loved trucking from the minute he tried it. He asked a veteran driver to teach him, and after learning all he could, decided to go ahead and buy his own truck.
- Posted March 1, 2013
- Following the Career Path of a Truck-Driving Parent
Is it something in the genes that leads to a love of the open road? Or does merely spending time with a trucker make the job so attractive?
- Posted May 2, 2011
- For Father’s Day
A driver's son pays tribute to his dad and the truck he drives
- Posted May 1, 2008