- This driver helps rookie truckers learn the ropes
- Home-schooling in a truck means the country is a classroom
- This driver sees the world through Google Glass
- A career trucker brings his tales of the road to people in hospice
- How driver Paul Sedlak finds motivation to reach his fitness goals
- I Love Trucking: More than a job, driving is a way of life
- Big Rig Books: Driver delivers books to underprivileged kids
- Driver Chris Jackson captures moments of beauty on the road
- Trucking Couple: Why June & David got hitched
- Owner-operator Fritz Elmhorst puts his competitiveness to good use
All posts by David A. Kolman
- Bragging Rights: Who’s the safest driver of them all?
There have been numerous occasions when I’ve been having coffee with other drivers and the conversation turned to safe driving. Trucker after trucker would try to top one another with their tally of miles or years driven...
- Posted November 5, 2012
- The power of truly appreciating truck drivers
I look forward to each National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. Since the inaugural event in 1998, it’s a time when America and the trucking industry recognizes professional truck drivers for the difficult job they do so well.
- Posted September 2, 2012
- Some advice to companies on keeping drivers
How does this sound? Trucking companies have a dedicated driver recruitment department that invests a significant amount of money each month in recruiting programs to find qualified drivers. This department has a well-defined program to drill down...
- Posted July 5, 2012
- SARTRE: Technology for vehicles to drive themselves
Wouldn’t it be great if you could flip a switch and let your truck take over the inch-along-in-traffic chore while you read a magazine, enjoy a leisurely snack or do all the text-messaging and cell-phone calling you’d...
- Posted January 5, 2010
- The Tipping Point
Some surprising information about truck rollovers
- Posted March 1, 2008
- Driving with Dave: Safety Is a Snap
So why do some drivers refuse to buckle up?
- Posted January 1, 2008
- Cabover Cool: A disappearing truck style
The enduring appeal of a disappearing truck style
- Posted September 1, 2006